$10.00 – $77.00
When purchasing your Pop-Up Breakfast tickets please consider buying raffle tickets. Each ticket will be entered into a raffle for a $50 farmers’ market gift certificate. The economy for the small farm has always been challenging. With labor issues, growing competition and extreme weather, farmers are increasingly vulnerable. More than ever we at SCCFM are working to keep operation costs as low as possible for the grower, minimizing the financial burden they bare. In response, we are exploring new and exciting avenues to diversify our base of support. This includes turning to our community, and fans of regional agriculture, to sustain and grow our educational programs and the markets at large. Purchase each raffle ticket for $10 or three tickets for $25.
NOTE * The Santa Cruz Community Farmers’ Market is a 501(c)6 membership-based non-for-profit. With this status All donation MUST fund our programs but they are NOT tax deductible.
The September 14th event brings you the Pop-Up Breakfast Benefit with Chef Kendra Baker. The Benefit offers the features you love about our breakfast series with a unique twist – an unexpected act or item of thanks to acknowledge your contribution. Priced at $75 per ticket, it is an opportunity to support the Markets on a different level, for those who can and want to. The increase in funds raised from the 2019 series will fund:
- Six part-time summer youth staff positions ($3,200)
- The Market Match/food access program at the Felton, Westside and Live Oak markets ($2,000)
- The Foodshed Project, a free, public education program at the Downtown SC Farmers’ Market ($2,000)
- KERMIT – a partnership with Santa Cruz Public Libraries that brings a book mobile into the Downtown, Felton and Scotts Valley markets and encourages interaction between residents and farms ($700)
- The Felton Farmers’ Market Event Series: free, family-focused public education events ($2,000)
Chef Kendra Baker has joined us every year of the Pop-Up Breakfast Series beginning in 2013. Co-owner of Snap Taco Restaurant, the Penny Ice Creamery and the Picnic Basket, she has her hands in many outstanding projects. Learn more about her work starting here.
THE MENU: TBA